My First Ever Market! Part 1 - General Cards

Hello all!

I will admit that for my first market I was quite nervous. I'm glad I know what it's like now, and I have made notes on how I can improve next time. As promised I have a stack of photos of what I took with me to share. It's such a large group of photos that I will be breaking my First Market blog down into 3 parts - Part 1, General Cards; Part 2, Christmas Cards; and Part 3, Christmas Stars and Tags.

Please note that this blog post is very photo heavy and may take a while to load depending on your internet connection. 

Without further ado, Part 1 - General Cards...


So, I'll get straight into sharing the photos, with a note or two below each photo.





Weeooo Weeooo
Some kids' birthday cards. I made these a few months back with my mum. I love these ones!





Butterfly Birthday Wishes
This one is another of my favourite card designs. I love the layered banners look. It's so easy to recreate and use for any kind of card! Most of these are birthday cards and the greeting reads "best wishes," but there was one that got stamped with "thank you" instead, completely by accident. But everyone knows there is no reason to throw out a perfectly good card just because it doesn't match the rest of the set!



Celebrate Gift Cards
Yet another one of my favourite designs! The envelope on the front is made with the Envelope Punch Board and is just the right size to enclose a gift card. The punched out star on the "Celebrate" tag holds the flap closed. I like to use the "Celebrate" stamp to make a card more generic and usable for multiple occasions. This card could be for a birthday, graduation, etc.



Flowerfull Heart Congratulations
I love the colours used in this card. It has featured in my blog before and you can read all about it here. Its regal colours make it perfect for engagements, weddings and anniversaries. 



Little Love Note Card
A clean and simple card. Suitable for anniversaries, or for sending notes to your friends to show your thinking of them. 




Love You to the Moon Card
A great card for anniversaries or your little boy's birthday. I have a photo somewhere of the card insert with stamping, but cannot locate the photo. When/If I do, I will edit the blog to add it in. 



Thanks for Being Mine Card
The lighting is a bit odd on this photo and makes it look like I've inked the Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with grey around the edges. This is not the case at all! I'm not sure why the photo turned out so grey. Photography is something I need to spend more time learning about! ;-) This is another great anniversary or Valentine's Day card. 




Celebrate Tag Card
There a quite a few details on this card so I've made the photo larger. Again, I used the "Celebrate" stamp to make it a more generic card. 


Well, that's all the "General Cards" I took along to the market with me. Obviously, I took multiples of each =)

Would you like to know more about any of the cards? If so, leave a comment below and I will dedicate a blog post to it, detailing the supplies and colours used!

Stay tuned throughout this week for Market Part 2 - Christmas Cards, and Market Part 3 - Christmas Stars and Tags!!!

Ruth