Christmas Cards from 2013

Hi all!

Over the weekend we finally got to do Christmas with my side of the family! Feeling in a Christmas-y mood, I decided that over the next few days I would share my Christmas crafting. There's also only twelve days left to order products for the 2013-2014 Holiday Catalog, so now is a perfect time to see some of the gorgeous Christmas products available. 

First up are some cards I made with the Calm Christmas stamp set...

These cards came about from bits and pieces I had been playing with my new toys from my first ever SU! order. I started with some heat embossing:

Top row, L to R: Silver embossing powder, White, Gold.
Bottom row, L to R: clear, Cherry Cobbler, and gold again.

Next I tried out my Big Shot. I tried three embossing folders:

Top: Pretty Prints
Bottom Left: Stylish Stripes Bottom Right: Modern Mosaic

I embossed some old card scraps I had lying around, which had a glossy finish. I got a nice little surprise. The glossy finish wore off a little bit, leaving an antiqued look and feel to the embossed card!

Stylish Stripes close-up. You can just see some of the antique finish I talked about. 
Pretty Prints embossed card close-up. The more intricate design seems to rub off more of the glossy finish than the simpler Stylish Stripes.
I then combined  the elements I created in my practice runs to make the six cards below. 

Same, but different! Using a set of matching elements in slightly varied ways is a Stamp-a-Stack technique. 
Below is a list of all the supplies I used to create these cards.

Thanks for reading! I hope you can make use of the Stamp-a-Stack technique. It makes stocking up on your hand made cards a breeze! 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's Christmas craft - mini Christmas crackers!

Dove Christmas Card Supplies and Tools List
Papers
Night of Navy card stock
Whisper White card stock
Own red gloss finish card (I think I got it in a $2 store years ago)
Own pale green card stock scraps
Ink Pads
Versamark 
Stamp Sets
Calm Christmas (from Holiday Catalog, only available until Feb 1st)
Adhesives
Double-sided tape
Dimensionals
Tools
Big Shot
Modern Mosaic embossing folder
Pretty prints embossing folder (from Holiday Catalog, only available until Feb 1st)
Stylish Stripes embossing folder (from Holiday Catalog, only available until Feb 1st)
Heat Gun
Silver embossing powder
White embossing powder
Gold embossing powder
Clear embossing powder
Cherry Cobbler embossing powder


Comments