My First Ever Market! Part 2 - Christmas Cards

Finally making it back to post Part 2 of my market blog. This one will share photos of the Christmas cards I took along with me. You can read Part 1 - General Cards here.  I didn't take a huge variety of Christmas cards, so this market blog is much shorter than the first with only a few photos. 

Hit the 'read more' button below to start viewing the photos! 


Calm Christmas Card
These four are an older set from last year. I didn't realise I still had them around, but when I found them I thought I may as well take them along with me to my first market. I like making sets that are "same same, but different." Meaning each card in the set uses the same elements, but each one is assembled a little differently or has a variation (e.g., in this card set the doves are heat embossed with different colours and the layout varies). 



Bright and Beautiful Stars Cards
A new card set that I made just a few weeks ago. This set contained six cards and again I used the "same same, but different" concept that I love so much. Variations on these six included the colour and type of ribbon used on the left, and placement of the gold stars and greeting. The greeting is a bit hard to see due to light reflections. It reads "A very merry Christmas to you."


Leftover Christmas Cards
These two were also left over from Christmas last year. I remember making a few of each. They were supposed to be one of my first ever projects to appear on my blog, but I don't think they ever made it here! 
The Washi Tape Tree card is a quick and easy Christmas card. Inside the card is an insert that matches the yellow card stock used on the front, so that you can write in it with a regular pen instead of having to have a white or metallic gel pen on hand! 
The card on the right was one I created with stamps, punches, glitter and card stock from my first ever Stampin' Up! order I placed as a demonstrator. It was a little project that I remember being pretty excited about! The frames used came from some old craft supplies that I had lying around. I have HEAPS of old scrapbooking, beading, and other craft bits and bobs that I've been forgetting about with all my new SU! stuff I keep getting. I really need to get stuck into using the old stuff so I can make space in my craft room for new SU! products that I love! 

Work of Art Christmas Card
Yes, the photo is missing! I somehow missed these cards when I was on my photo taking spree. It was a "pin-spired" card from one I spotted on Pintrest. You can see the original here. 
I changed it up a little by adding a fifth tree branch layer. I also used the star and ornament punches from the retired Merry Mini punch set to create decorations for the tree and added a Christmas greeting in the top right corner of the card. 

Well, that's all the Christmas cards I took along to my first ever market! Like I mentioned earlier, I only took a few different types. Would you like to know more about any of the cards? If so, leave a comment below to let me know and I'll dedicate a blog post to that card! 

Market Part 3 - Christmas Stars and Gift Tags is not far behind this post, so stay tuned for more market fun! 

Ruth