My First Ever Market! Part 3 - Christmas Stars and Gift Tags

Hello again!

As promised here comes Part 3 of my First Ever Market blog series. Part 3 is all about the Christmas Star ornaments and Christmas Gift Tags that I made. These were my most popular items at the market, so I'm pretty excited to share them and see what you think! 

You can read Part 1 here and Part 2 here. Part 1 is all about the general cards I took along, and Part 2 is all about the Christmas cards I took to the market with me. 

And now onto something new!




 

Glimmer Stars
These Glimmer stars are a little fiddly to create, but are great fun! For the market I only made them with the Stampin' Up! Gold Glimmer and Silver Glimmer card stock. I really want to try them out in the other three Glimmer card stock colours too! I made them in three different sizes. Large, which can be seen in the top photo with the Gold Glimmer stars. The large has three star "layers" to it. Medium, which can be seen in the bottom photo with the Silver Glimmer stars. The medium has two star "layers" to it. And my final size was a "small," also visible in the Silver Glimmers stars photo. The small was made of a single star. The Stars Framelits were used to die cut each of the stars. 
The stars are double-sided so they will sparkle and shine from both sides. They hang by a clear elastic thread which is sometimes tricky to see, so when the stars hang just right and swing a little, sparkling and catching the light, they look a bit magical! 



Christmas Gift Tags
I made quite a few packs of these Christmas gift tags and sold about half of them on market night, and a few more over the weekend after. They were definitely my most popular product of the night! This is another set that follows my "same same, but different" principle I like to use so much. The Festival of Trees photopolymer stamps and coordinating Tree Punch made these so easy to create! Both of these products are from the 2014 Holiday Catalogue.


Red & Gold Bright & Beautiful Stars
And these are my favourite creation that I took to my first ever market! They were also my second most popular product of the night and I received a lot of great feedback and comments on them. They are created using the Bright and Beautiful stamp set from the 2014 Holiday Catalogue and the very popular Stars Framelits


So, this brings my "First Ever Market" series to a close! Remember, if there's anything you see that you would like more details on then please leave a comment to let me know and I will dedicate a blog post to it. 

Thanks for reading!
Ruth